Associate Professor (Associate Chair, Undergraduate Studies)
Areas of interest
Philosophy of Physics, Philosophy of Science, Applicability of Mathematics, History of Physics (especially 17th, 19th and 20th Centuries)
- (with Adam Koberinski) “The Higgs mechanism and superconductivity: A case study of formal analogies,” Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics 55 (2016): 72-91.
- “Quantum field theory: Underdetermination, inconsistency, and idealization,” Philosophy of Science 76 (2009): 536-567.
- “The fate of ‘particles’ in quantum field theories with interactions,” Studies in the History and Philosophy of Modern Physics 39 (2008): 841-859.
- Affiliate Member, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Waterloo
- Member, Rotman Institute of Philosophy, University of Western Ontario
- The Role of Concrete Models in the Revolution in Superconductivity
- Quantum Field Theory: Motivating the Axiom of Causality
- A Realist Critique of Structural Empiricism
Office: HH 330
University of Waterloo