Areas of interest
Ancient Science and Philosophy, History and Philosophy of Science
Ptolemy’s Philosophy: Mathematics as a Way of Life. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2018.
- “Meta-mathematical Rhetoric: Hero and Ptolemy against the Philosophers.” Historia Mathematica Vol. 41.3 (Aug. 2014): 261-276.
- “Mathematizing the Soul: The Development of Ptolemy’s Psychological Theory from On the Kritêrion and Hêgemonikon to the Harmonics.” Studies in History and Philosophy of Science 43.4 (Dec. 2012): 585-594.
- “Ptolemy’s Defense of Theoretical Philosophy.” Apeiron: A Journal for Ancient Philosophy and Science 45.1 (Jan. 2012): 61-90.
For a complete list of my publications, see my personal webpage.
Selected grants, fellowships, awards
- 2017-2019: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Insight Development Grant.
- 2012-2015: Harper-Schmidt Fellowship, Society of Fellows in the Liberal Arts, University of Chicago.
2013: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Modern Geometry and the Concept of Space, Max Planck Institute for the History of Science.
2009-2012: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Introduction to the Humanities Program, Stanford University
- Cross-appointed to Department of Classical Studies