Reports of injuries and other safety-related incidents occurring on University property or to University of Waterloo students or employees engaged in activities under the auspices of the University.
This records class is a Personal Information Bank.
Related Records | Responsible Unit | Information Steward | Information Confidentiality Classification | Retention | Disposition | Authority | Retention Rationale | Other Units with Copies | Version Information
Content & Scope
This records class excludes records of incidents maintained by Special Constable Services.
The records include injury/incident report forms, first-aid reports, and emergency/serious occurrence reports from children's camps.
- Incidents involving exposure to dangerous chemical, physical, or biological substances or agents are reported to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board. See HS63 – Workplace Safety and Insurance Claims.
- For records of incidents maintained by Special Constable Services, see HS76 – Special Constable Incident/Occurrence Case Files.
Responsible Units should document the disposal/destruction of official records using the University records destruction form or equivalent documentation, to verify that we are following our records retention rules.
- Occupational Health & Safety Act; Workplace Safety & Insurance Act.
- O. Reg. 1101: First Aid Requirements.
- Policy 34: Health, Safety & Environment.
- Children's Camps on Campus Guideline.
The retention period is based on the Limitations Act 2002.
Units reporting injuries/incidents.
Retention of Copies
Up to 2 years.
Disposition of Copies
19 December 2011