Records of employee vacation entitlement and use.
This records class is a Personal Information Bank.
Content & Scope
The records include notices of vacation entitlement, vacation requests and approvals, vacations taken, and related correspondence.
Vice-President, Administration & Finance.
Responsible Units should document the disposal/destruction of official records using the University records destruction form or equivalent documentation, to verify that we are following our records retention rules.
- University of Waterloo Act, 1972.
- Employment Standards Act (Ontario), 2000, s. 15.1.
- Memorandum of Agreement between the Faculty Association of the University of Waterloo and the University of Waterloo, Article 11.2.
- Policy 6 – Vacation – Staff.
- Policy 56 – Vacations and Vacation Pay for Non-Regular Faculty Members, Including Graduate and Undergraduate Students with Academic Appointments.
- Union Agreement between the University of Waterloo and the Canadian Union of Public Employees C.L.C. Local 793, Article 11.
The retention period is based on the Employment Standards Act, s. 15 (1) (5) which requires that the records be retained for 5 years.
1 January 2018
26 October 2011