Records of potential applicants for admission to the University's undergraduate and graduate programs.
This records class is a Personal Information Bank.
Content & Scope
The records include databases and files of information about students who have identified themselves or have otherwise been identified as potential applicants to University degree programs.
Some information about prospective students is maintained with applicant data in the student information system (Quest).
- Marketing & Undergraduate Recruitment.
- Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs.
- Other units maintaining files of prospective students.
- Registrar, for potential undergraduate studies applicants.
- Associate Vice-President, Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs, for potential graduate studies applicants
At least 1 and no more than 5 years.
University of Waterloo Act, 1972.
Retention is based on operational use and regulations to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requiring that personal information be retained for a minimum of one year after its use, unless the individual to whom the information relates consents to its earlier disposal (RRO 1990 Reg 460, s 5(1)).
26 July 2010