Records of the awarding of scholarships, bursaries, and awards to individual students.
This records class is a Personal Information Bank.
Content & Scope
Scholarships, bursaries and awards include awards established by the University for its students and awards available from external agencies where the monies are disbursed by the University.
The records include lists of applicants, successful applications, operations of nominating/selection committees, lists and profiles of winners, financial activity reports, and related correspondence.
- A record of scholarships, bursaries, and awards is maintained as part of the student record in the enterprise student information system (currently, Quest).
- For unsuccessful scholarship, bursary, and award applications, see ST35 – Unsuccessful Financial Aid & Award Applications.
- Registrar's Office, Student Awards & Financial Aid.
- Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs.
- Units responsible for administering scholarships, bursaries, and awards.
- Registrar, for undergraduate student scholarships, bursaries, and awards.
- Associate Vice-President, Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs, for graduate student scholarships, bursaries, and awards.
- Information steward responsible for the area of University administration, for other scholarships, bursaries and awards (consult the directory of information stewards for more information)
7 years after annual competition completed.
University of Waterloo Act, 1972.
The retention period is based on accounting and audit requirements.
26 July 2010