Records of applications or nominations for scholarships, bursaries, awards, loans, work-study or work-placement jobs, or other financial aid programs which do not receive the award or aid applied for.
This records class is a Personal Information Bank.
Content & Scope
The records include application or nomination forms, supporting documents, and related correspondence.
- Registrar's Office, Student Awards & Financial Aid.
- Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs.
- Units responsible for administering scholarships, bursaries, and awards.
- Registrar, for undergraduate student case files.
- Associate Vice-President, Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs, for graduate student case files.
1 year after the decision process has been completed.
Responsible Units should document the disposal/destruction of official records using the University records destruction form or equivalent documentation, to verify that we are following our records retention rules.
University of Waterloo Act, 1972.
Retention is based on regulations to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requiring that personal information be retained for a minimum of one year after its use, unless the individual to whom the information relates consents to its earlier disposal (RRO 1990 Reg 460, s 5(1)).
26 July 2010