519-888-4567, ext. 37559
Michael is the Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies and a Continuing Lecturer in the School of Environment, Enterprise and Development (SEED) at the University of Waterloo. He holds a PhD in Strategy and Sustainability from the Ivey Business School. His research examines organisational perceptions and responses to sustainability issues through the lens of space, time, scale, and social license to operate within the contexts of the insurance industry, mining, carbon management, Blue Economy, and climate change and global security. His research has most recently been published in the Academy of Management Review, British Journal of Management, and Resources.
- ENBUS 102 – Introduction to Environment and Business
- ENBUS 302 – Strategies for Environment and Business
- ENBUS 306 – Research Design
- INDEV 387 – Global Cities in Global Development
- SUSM 603 – Research Methods for Sustainability Management
- SUSM 605 – Thesis Proposal
- Young, Steven B., Shannon Fernandes, & Michael O. Wood (2019). Jumping the chain: How downstream manufacturers engage with deep suppliers of conflict minerals. Resources, 8(1), 26.
- Bansal, Pratima, Anna Kim & Michael O. Wood (2018). Hidden in plain sight: Scale and its effect on organizational attention to issues. Academy Management Review, 43(2): 217-241.
- Murray, Daniel & Michael O. Wood (2018). Reflections on the development and delivery of an experiential learning capstone project course, in E. Christopher (ed.) Meeting Expectations in Management Education: Social and Environmental Pressures on Managerial Behaviour. Springer Nature.
- Thistlethwaite, Jason, & Michael O. Wood (2018). Insurance and climate change risk management: Rescaling to look beyond the horizon. British Journal of Management, 29: 279-298.
- Wood, Michael O., & Jason Thistlethwaite (2018). Social license to operate (SLO): Case review of Enbridge and the Northern Gateway Pipeline, in S. Dhiman & J. Marques (eds.) Handbook on Engaged Sustainability. Springer Nature.
- Ph.D – Strategy and Sustainability, Ivey Business School, Western University
- M.A. - Environmental Studies in Sustainability Management, Western University
- B.A. - Science, University of Guelph