Are towels and linens included?
- Yes and they are exchanged on a weekly basis for transient guests.
How does billing work for long term guests?
- You may pay on a monthly basis as long as you are staying more than 30 days. As each of our guests’ circumstances are different, billing plans will be determined with the client on case by case basis.
Will anyone other than me have access to my room?
- We will never assign a roommate to share your quarters with you.
- University staff may need to enter your unit from time to time in order to deal with cleaning and maintenance issues. You will be notified in advance.
Are your facilities air-conditioned?
- Our accommodation facilities are not air-conditioned. The central complex and all of our meeting rooms are air-conditioned. During hot spells guests are encouraged to come to the central complex to cool down, watch some TV, play a game of pool or table tennis.
- Guests are not permitted to install air-conditioners of any kind in any of our accommodation facilities (including townhouse or apartment style dorms).
- We have a number of fans available for guests to sign out from the front desk. Whenever possible we encourage guests to bring their own fans.
Can I bring my pet?
- Pets are not allowed.
- Service animals are an exception, please contact us directly if you require the ability to bring your service animal.
How do I receive mail during my stay?
- If you are going to be receiving mail during your stay, no matter which residence you are staying in you must have it send to the Summer Accommodations front desk.
200 Universtiy Ave. W
University of Waterloo, REV
What amenities come with the room?
- Each room comes with linens (pillow, sheets and blanket) a towel, a cup and a small bar of soap.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own toiletries and slippers/sandals for use in the common washrooms.
- The front desk has some toiletry items for sale should you forget something.
How late is the front desk open?
- The front desk is open daily from 7 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- On-call telephone between 12 a.m. and 7 a.m.
What time does the mail get delivered/picked up?
Mail gets delivered/picked up at approximately 11 a.m. (Monday to Friday).
Is there a photocopier we can use?
- Office staff can make photocopies using the office photocopier at a cost of $0.10/copy.
- A WatCard can be used to make photocopies or to print from the printer in the lobby.
Is there a scanner we can use?
- Front desk staff can scan a copy of your document and email it to you.
How does laundry work?
- You need a WatCard, which you can buy at front desk for $5. Each wash is $1 and each dry is $1.
What is a guest convenience card?
- A guest convenience card is a WatCard which has been loaded with either $5 or $20 and can be purchased from the front desk. These cards can be used at any food service location on campus or at other locations which have a partnership with WatCard. For example they can be used to do laundry, use the vending machines and the printers in the lobby.
- When the card runs out of money you can add more to it at any food service location on campus or at the WatCard office.
Where can I catch the GO/Greyhound bus?
- GO Transit bus – Davis Centre
- Greyhound –Burt Matthews Hall (BMH)
- A front desk assistant can help point you in the direction of these on campus terminals and will help you find the schedule for your bus trip.
Do your rooms have a kitchen/washroom?
- Only suites and suite style accommodations have these facilities. These are very limited.
- Floors in Ron Eydt Village for transient guests do have a communal kitchens which are shared with other transient guests on that floor.
- All floors have communal bathrooms.
Will there be dishes in the kitchen of the suites/townhouse/apartment style dorms?
- We do have a limited number of kitchen kits which guests can rent for $50/kit that include dishes, cutlery, cookery, utensils and washing supplies. Guests must request a kit prior to or upon arrival.