The Thrive Toolkit aims to help you understand mental health and help provide tips and tricks on how you can build mental wellness into your areas, faculties, units and departments as a Thrive Ambassador. It is one step in helping develop mental health literacy, i.e. knowledge, skills and abilities for promoting positive mental health on campus.
In this toolkit, you will find various resources to help you learn more and support others in the UWaterloo community
- Defining the Mental Health Continuum
- How to foster a thriving community?
- What is self-care and why is it important?
- Self-advocacy: Speaking up for your needs
- Steps you can take to respond to a person in distress
- Understanding barriers
- On and off-campus resources
You can also view the resources on the Thrive Toolkit (.pdf).