The University of Waterloo’s central communications team leads the development and delivery of stories, messages and materials designed to engage, inform and deliver on Waterloo’s central goal — to be recognized as one of the world’s top innovation universities.
Executive Communications provides a range of communications services to the executive team, including ghostwriting, digital communication, social media and events. We work in close partnership with the Office of the President.
The Integrated Communications team works closely with campus staff, faculty and partner organizations to develop messaging, stories and materials that align with the University of Waterloo's strategic goals. Our team also oversees content strategy and management for Waterloo's top tier websites, including:
Internal and Leadership Communications
Internal and Leadership Communications is responsible for developing the University of Waterloo’s internal communications strategy and positioning, providing advice, writing/editing services, and developing and executing communications plans for internal audiences on broad university strategy, performance, programs, and policies.
Media Relations and Issues Management
The University of Waterloo media relations team is Waterloo's primary contact for local, regional, national and international media organizations. The media relations team works closely with communicators across campus and with the staff of the department of University Communications in the office of the vice president, university relations.
How we can help
- University home page content
- Waterloo News content publishing
- Include your story in the Daily Bulletin
- Key message development and delivery
- Development and distribution of storytelling assets
- Audience-specific publications
- Content strategy, planning and development
- Communications leadership — developed in consultation with campus partners to aid in communications and marketing
- Help you engage with the media
- Keep you informed with NewsWatch
- Provide support when managing issues
- Send mass internal emails