Faculty and staff are eligible for a WatCard. To obtain a WatCard, stop by the WatCard service desk, located inside The Centre on the main floor of Needles Hall(NH).
You will need your University of Waterloo offer letter or a letter from your department validating your employment plus government issued photo identification.
Employee number will not work as proof of employment as our system is independent from the Human Resources system.
Your faculty or staff WatCard comes with similar functionality to a student WatCard.
- Access to library resources.
- Pay for your purchases at Retail Services.
- Buy food at UW Food Service locations (receive a 5% discount on purchases).
- Make purchases at off-campus vendor locations.
- Access to recreation facilities if you purchase a membership.
If you buy a medium coffee every work day then you would save an average of $24.70 a year by paying with WatCard.