COVID-19 Update

The WatCard office remains closed to in person visits, however WatCard staff are still processing requests and maintaining services. Please visit our website for program information and forms, or contact us directly. Connect with us by email, or live chat so we can assist you. WatCard requests, meal plan changes, refunds and other services are available upon request.

Replacement WatCard

Change of Status 

If your status with the university has changed (for example changed faculties, or gone from undergraduate to graduate) then you can schedule an appointment to have your WatCard updated. You will be required to return your previous WatCard and update your photo. 

Damaged WatCard

Come into our service counter in Student Life Centre (SLC) and let our staff inspect the condition of your WatCard. The replacement cost of a damaged card will vary depending on a few things:

Damage caused from normal wear and tear - No cost when old card is returned.

Intentional damage - $30

If old card is not returned - $30

Lost WatCard

The first thing you should do when you lose your WatCard is deactivate your WatCard online to protect your account from fraudulent charges. In order to reactivate your WatCard you will need to come in person to our service counter in SLC.

To get a new WatCard printed come into our service counter in SLC and let us check to see if your card has been returned to the office. If your card has been returned to the WatCard Office then it will be returned free of charge after your identity has been verified.

If you need a new card printed you will need:

  • Government issued photo identification
  • Lost card fee - $30

Expired WatCard

Bring your card into the office during the month in which the card is set to expire. We ask that you do not bring the card in prior to this month as this date is set to allow us the most accurate records possible for your enrolment status.

  • Replacement fee when returning old card - Free
  • Replacement fee without returning old card - $30

Online Learning WatCard

If you are a student that is taking a fully online course load and you need to get a replacement WatCard you can request a new WatCard online.

  • Your course load must be fully online.
  • Your Quest mailing address must be up to date and verified.
  • You must have the $30 replacement fee added to your WatCard account. You can do this using our add funds feature.

Students that can come to campus to pick up a WatCard are encouraged to do so as they can get a WatCard with their picture on it.

Alumni WatCard

If you have already been issued an Alumni WatCard but are in need of a replacement you can contact the Alumni Office to have a replacement card mailed to your registered address. All Alumni WatCards distributed through the mail are sent with the university logo instead of a photo.

If you need an Alumni WatCard with your photo then you must come into the WatCard service counter located inside the Student Life Center. This would apply to anyone looking to use their Alumni WatCard for access to recreation facilities on campus.

Regular hours:
Monday - Friday 
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Located in Campus Tech on the Lower Level, Student Life Centre.

Contact us
Phone: 519-888-4567, ext. 32751.