WatCard Photo Requirements
You must upload a photo to be used on your WatCard. A link to the upload site will be emailed to you when you complete your WatCard application.
A photo is only used on your physical card. If you request a PDF card for Library access, there will be no photo.
- Taken straight on with face, eyes, and shoulders centered and squared to the camera.
- Photo must show from mid-chest to above top of head.
- A neutral or smiling facial expression
- Use a plain, light coloured background - a wall that is a solid, works well.
- Must be in full colour, with no filters or unnatural editing.
- In focus with no shadows, glare, or pixilation.
- No other people or objects in the photo.
- No head covering or sunglasses. Items that are worn daily for religious or medical purposes are allowed.
- The photo must be taken within the past 6 months.
- In addition to uploading a photo for your card, you will be asked to upload a copy of your photo identification. This should be a Canadian Driver’s Licence, or a Passport. Your upload must clearly show the entire front of the licence or the full photo page of your passport. Ontario Health Cards and Ontario Photo Identification cards also accepted.
By submitting a photo to the WatCard Office, you are declaring the uploaded photo is a true depiction of your current personal image. Submission of a false image will result in a replacement fee being charged to update your card, and falsely identifying yourself may also result in disciplinary actions for University policy infractions. The WatCard Office reserves the right to reject any photo not in compliance with our guidelines.