Researchers and postdoctoral fellows are eligible for a WatCard. To obtain a WatCard, stop by the WatCard service desk, located inside Campus Tech, on the lower level of the Student Life Centre.
You will need your University of Waterloo offer letter or contract validating your employment plus government issued photo identification.
Your research or postdoctorate WatCard comes with the similar functionality to a student WatCard.
- Access to library resources.
- Pay for your purchases at Retail Services.
- Buy food at UW Food Service locations (receive a 5% discount on purchases).
- Make purchases at off-campus vendor locations.
- Pay for laundry services in campus residences.
Research and postdoctoral WatCards cannot be used to ride Grand River Transit (GRT) buses as this is a service only paid for by full-time students.