Researchers and postdoctoral fellows

Researchers and postdoctoral fellows are eligible for a WatCard. To obtain a WatCard, stop by the WatCard service desk, located inside The Centre on the main floor of Needles Hall(NH).

You will need your University of Waterloo offer letter or contract validating your employment plus government issued photo identification.

WatCard benefits

Your research or postdoctorate WatCard comes with the similar functionality to a student WatCard.

Research and postdoctoral WatCards cannot be used to ride Grand River Transit (GRT) buses as this is a service only paid for by full-time students.