Did you know…
… that you can validate email addresses entered by users in web forms to reduce the number of "broken" email addresses?
For University announcements and updates related to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Information website.
What’s happening with the WCMS?
WCMS 3.0 update
Check out the updated project timeline to follow all of the WCMS 3 updates!
WCMS 3.0 alpha 1 testing
Alpha 1 testing has begun. This testing will provide a structured approach to testing WCMS 3.0. features/functionality, helping to identify bugs/issues/unexpected behaviours that cannot be caught through automated testing processes. The primary objectives of alpha testing include:
- Evaluating product quality at given points in time
- Ensuring beta readiness
- A focus on finding bugs
- Answering the question, “Does the product work?”
WCMS 2.9.1 release
All WCMS "FDSU", single page, conference and publication sites are being upgraded to WCMS 2.9.1. This release does not affect UWaterloo Scholar sites. This upgrade is scheduled to be deployed to pilot sites overnight on Monday, January 18, and to production sites starting on Monday, January 25. Full release notes are available, which are subject to change.
WCMS course offerings
We are back - virtually!
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support.
New WCMS co-op students
We’d like to introduce you to our two WCMS co-op students Abigail Wybenga and Nick Firth! They will be supporting you through our WCMS support email, assisting with coursework via LEARN, and will be hands-on as we work through the WCMS 3 project over the winter term.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
9 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- Distributed Algorithms and Systems Lab
- Funding Opportunities for American Students (Single page)
- Holistic Benefits Working Group
- Materials Interface Foundry
- SMART-Lab: Smart Materials for Advanced Robotic Technologies
- Software Technologies Applied Research (STAR) Laboratory
- Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Turbulent Combustion Modeling Lab
- Women, Work, and the Economy
New on Web Resources
Current development sprint:
Previous development sprints:
From the blog: