For University announcements and updates related to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Information website.
What’s happening with the WCMS?
WCMS 3 information on Web Resources site
WCMS 3 migration and user information is now available on the Web Resources website!
- Wondering where to start? Take a look at our migration resources and some common migration and technical FAQs
- Information regarding the migration process, as well as how to request a WCMS 3 site
- WCMS 3 site request intake web forms will be open on June 29, with those links shared via a campus-wide communication
- The web form will automatically create a corresponding RT, where all further communications about your migration will occur
- Keep an eye on our WCMS 3 training and support page – it will be updated on an ongoing basis as WCMS 3 development continues
- Get an early look at WCMS 3! Take a look at our WCMS 3 for site maintainers YouTube playlist for two new WCMS 3 videos - with more to come!
- A list of the functionality from standard WCMS 2 FDSU sites that will and won't ship with the June 29 initial release of WCMS 3 is also a helpful resource to review often
WCMS 2 site information
Deadline for launching WCMS 2 sites on pilots
All WCMS 2 FDSU pilots sites must be launched/moved to production by Tuesday, August 31, 2021. This does not impact sites using single page, publication or conference templates.
If a site is not ready to move to production at that time, the site may:
- Be culled (deleted), with recommendation for the site owner to recreate the site in the WCMS 3 staging area
Requests to keep WCMS 2 sites on pilots after August 31 should be sent to Joe Kwan. Requests will be reviewed on a per-site basis; there is no guarantee an exclusion will be granted.
Creating new WCMS 2 sites
WCMS 2 FDSU sites will no longer be built as of June 29, 2021. Site maintainers requiring a new WCMS site will need to build the site in the new WCMS 3 environment.
Site requests for single page, publication or conference templates will continue to be supported until the functionality is available in WCMS 3.
WCMS 3.0 updates
IST co-op training/early rebuild opportunities on beta sites
Are you interested in having a co-op student rebuild an existing WCMS 2 site in WCMS 3? We would like to continue to identify "simple" WCMS 2 sites that the co-ops can use as examples to get more hands-on experience with WCMS 3. "Simple" sites in this case would constitute sites:
- That are stock "FDSU" theme in WCMS 2, with no custom modules installed and are not behind authentication; and
- That have 10 pages or less in total
The site owner can submit sites that fit our criteria for a "simple" site. If you would like to submit a site for this exercise, please submit an RT (email@example.com) with:
- A subject line of "WCMS 3 IST co-op site submission"
- The site name
- The site URL
Sites completed during this exercise could launch to production after June 29 with site owner approval. We will assign sites to our co-ops on a first-come, first-serve basis according to requests in RT.
If you have any questions at all feel free to message Andrea Jennings.
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support. Please reach out to Charlotte Armstrong, via email or Microsoft Teams, to schedule an appointment.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
6 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- Fluid Mechanics Research Laboratory
- Isolde Conference (Conference)
- Nanotechnology (Single page)
- Science Communications
- Waterloo Hearing Lab
- Waterloo-Huawei Joint Innovation Lab
New on Web Resources
Current development sprint:
Previous development sprints:
From the blog: