Many University of Waterloo staff, faculty and students have a forwarding address in the form of email@example.com. It is not possible to change your uWaterloo userid, but uWaterloo offers students, faculty and staff the option of a friendly email address. A friendly email address is an alternate forwarding address that can be added to the list of emails attached to your waterloo email. Emails sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org email address or your friendly email address will both direct to your uWaterloo inbox.
You can watch our video on how to set a friendly email address, or read the instructions below.
How to set your friendly email address
- Go to WatIAM User Access.
- Log in with your userid and password.
- Click the update profile link.
- Click the email configuration tab.
- Near the bottom of the box you will see a section for setting your Friendly Email Address. There will be some additional emails available to you here, select the radio button of the one you prefer.
- Click save.
You now have a friendly email address that will forward to your uWaterloo email account!