Academics are important, but to get the most from your university experience, look beyond the classroom.
In BASE, Peer Leaders organize activities to help you practice your language skills and meet new friends. Peer Leaders will help you to get involved with campus and volunteer activities so you can develop a strong résumé, which is especially important if you are entering a co-op program.
You will be able to attend many on-campus events with your Peer Leaders, including:
- Faculty tours, led by Student Ambassadors in your faculty
- Meet and Greet sessions, where you can meet upper-year students in your faculty
- Student Leadership Program workshops to build your leadership and communication skills
- Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association events including Clubs Day, Cultural Caravan, Welcome Week activities, and more
Your Peer Leaders, Student Experience Manager, and your Student Experience Coordinator will also help connect you to ways to get involved on campus.
- Campus clubs are a fun way to get to know students based on an interest you have. There are more than 200 clubs on campus!
- Take workshops on study and research skills, mindful eating, career exploration, student leadership, and entrepreneurship.
- Practice English in social settings, such as the Renison English Conversation Partner program.
- Campus Recreation programs can help you stay healthy and include fitness classes, personal training, and intramural sports.
In BASE, you can also join many of the volunteer teams in the Renison English Language Institute to plan events and activities, practice your leadership skills, build experience for your resume, and meet other Waterloo students.
In the past, BASE Reps organized fun and interactive activities about stress management during midterms, cultural activities for Waterloo's International Fair, sustainability awareness activities in partnership with eco initiatives on campus, and more. Students who participate in the BASE Rep volunteer team earn a letter of recognition for their volunteer involvement.