Department of Chemistry
200 University Ave. W
Canada N2L 3G1
Phone: (519) 888-4567 ext 32129
Wei Tsen's research focuses on the study of low-dimensional materials that exhibit exotic quantum phenomena, and their integration into novel electronic devices.
Office: RAC 2102
Phone: 519-888-4567, ext. 30375
Website: Wei Tsen
- Structural, optical, and electronic properties of low-dimensional, quantum materials
- Novel microscopy techniques and characterization
- Manipulation and fabrication of mesoscopic electronic devices
- "Magnetic field-induced quantum phase transitions in a van der Waals magnet," S. Li, Z. Ye, X. Luo, G. Ye, H. H. Kim, B. Yang, S. Tian, C. Li, H. Lei, A. W. Tsen, K. Sun, R. He, L. Zhao, arXiv:2001.09536.
- "Quantum tunneling devices incorporating two-dimensional magnetic semiconductors," H. H. Kim & A. W. Tsen, arXiv:1907.07087. Invited Review Article.
- "Magneto-memristive switching in a 2D layer antiferromagnet," H. H. Kim, S. Jiang, B. Yang, S. Zhong, S. Tian, C. Li, H. Lei, J. Shan, K. F. Mak, A. W Tsen, Advanced Materials 32, 1905433 (2020). Inside front cover.
- "Generation and detection of coherent longitudinal acoustic waves in ultrathin 1T'-MoTe2," N. Rivas, S. Zhong. T. Dekker, M. Cheng, P. Gicala, F. Chen, X. Luo, Y. P. Sun, A. A. Petruk, K. Pichugin, A. W. Tsen, G. Sciaini. Applied Physics Letters 115, 223103 (2019).
- "Tailored tunnel magnetoresistance response in three ultrathin chromium trihalides," H. H. Kim, B. Yang, S. Tian , C. Li , G.-X. Miao, H. Lei, A. W. Tsen, Nano Letters 19, 5739-5745 (2019).
- "Evolution of interlayer and intralayer magnetism in three atomically thin chromium trihalides," H. H. Kim, B. Yang, S. Li, S. Jiang, C. Jin, Z. Tao, G. Nichols, F. Sfigakis, S. Zhong, C. Li, S. Tian, D. G. Cory, G.-X. Miao, J. Shan, K. F. Mak, H. Lei, K. Sun, L. Zhao, A. W. Tsen, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 116, 11131-11136 (2019).
- "Atomic and electronic reconstruction at the van der Waals interface in twisted bilayer graphene," H. Yoo, R. Engelke, S. Carr, S. Fang, K. Zhang, P. Cazeaux, S. H. Sung, R. Hovden, A. W. Tsen, T. Taniguchi, K. Watanabe, G.-C. Yi, M. Kim, M. Luskin, E. B. Tadmor, E. Kaxiras, P. Kim, Nature Materials 18, 448-453 (2019).
University of Waterloo Affiliations
- Member of the Institute for Quantum Computing
- Member of the Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology
2013 PhD Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
2006 BS University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA