Wei Tsen's research focuses on the study of low-dimensional materials that exhibit exotic quantum phenomena, and their integration into novel electronic devices.
- Structural, optical, and electronic properties of low-dimensional, quantum materials
- Novel microscopy techniques and characterization
- Manipulation and fabrication of mesoscopic electronic devices
- A. W. Tsen, B. Hunt, Y. D. Kim, Z. J. Yuan, S. Jia, R. J. Cava, J. Hone, P. Kim, C. R. Dean, A. N. Pasupathy, “Nature of the Quantum Metal in a Two-Dimensional Crystalline Superconductor,” Nature Phys., 12, 208 (2016).
- A. W. Tsen, R. Hovden, D. Z. Wang, Y. D. Kim, Y. Liu, Y. Sun, J. Hone, L. F. Kourkoutis, P. Kim, A. N. Pasupathy, “Structure and Control of Charge Density Waves in Two-Dimensional 1T-TaS2,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 112, 15054 (2015).
- J. S. Alden, A. W. Tsen, P. Y. Huang, R. Hovden, L. Brown, J. Park, D. A. Muller, P. L. McEuen, “Strain Solitons and Topological Defects in Bilayer Graphene,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 110, 11256 (2013).
- A. W. Tsen, L. Brown, M. P. Levendorf, F. Ghahari, P. Y. Huang, R. W. Havener, C. S. Ruiz-Vargas, D. A. Muller, P. Kim, J. Park, “Tailoring Electrical Transport Across Grain Boundaries in Polycrystalline Graphene,” Science, 336, 1143 (2012).
- A. W. Tsen, L. A. K. Donev, H. Kurt, L. H. Herman, J. Park, “Imaging the electrical conductance of individual carbon nanotubes with photothermal current microscopy,” Nature Nanotechnol., 4, 108 (2009).
- Y. H. Ahn, A. W. Tsen, B. Kim, Y. W. Park, J. Park, “Photocurrent Imaging of p-n Junctions in Ambipolar Carbon Nanotube Transistors,” Nano Lett., 7, 3320 (2007).
University of Waterloo Affiliations
- Member of the Institute for Quantum Computing
- Member of the Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology
2013 PhD Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
2006 BS University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA