Anna Klinkova’s research is focused on developing efficient synthetic approaches to advanced nanomaterials for applications in alternative energy and catalysis. Her goal is to gain a systematic understanding of the effects of nanoparticle shape and surface chemistry on their physicochemical properties relevant to carbon dioxide conversion into fuels and chemical feedstocks, catalytic hydrogen production, enantioselective catalysis, and light harvesting in solar cells.
- Nanomaterials synthesis
- Surface chemistry
- CO2 electroreduction
Anna Klinkova’s research interests encompass the following areas:
- Development of synthetic routes for nanoparticles with well-defined facets, defects, dopants, and surface chemistry;
- Fundamental understanding of the structure – catalytic performance relationship in nanocatalysis;
- Utilization of plasmonic properties of metal nanoparticles in catalysis and for enhanced light harvesting in plasmonic solar cells.
R. M. Choueiri, A. Klinkova, S. Pearce, I. Manners, E. Kumacheva Self-assembly and Surface Patterning of Polyferrocenylsilane-Functionalized Gold Nanoparticles, Macromol. Rapid Commun., 2018, 1700554.
A. Klinkova, P. De Luna, E. H. Sargent, E. Kumacheva, P. V. Cherepanov Enhanced Electrocatalytic Performance of Palladium Nanoparticles with High Energy Surfaces in Formic Acid Oxidation, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2017, 5, 11582-11585.
A. Klinkova, P. De Luna, C. T. Dinh, O. Voznyy, E. M. Larin, E. Kumacheva, E. H. Sargent, Rational Design of Efficient Palladium Catalysts for Electroreduction of Carbon Dioxide to Formate, ACS Catal., 2016, 6, 8115.
- R. M. Choueiri, E. Galati, H. Thérien-Aubin, A. Klinkova, E. M. Larin, A. Querejeta-Fernandez, L. Han, H. L. Xin, O. Gang, E. Zhulina, M. Rubinstein, E. Kumacheva, Surface Patterning of Nanoparticles with Polymer Patches, Nature, 2016, 537, 79.
- M. Liu, Y. Pang, B. Zhang, P. De Luna, O. Voznyy, J. Xu, X. Zheng, C. T. Dinh, F. Fan, C. Cao, F. P. G. de Arquer, T. S. Safaei, A. Mepham, A. Klinkova, E. Kumacheva, T. Filleter, D. Sinton, S. O. Kelley, E. H. Sargent, Enhanced Electrocatalytic CO2 Reduction via Field-Induced Reagent Concentration, Nature, 2016, 537, 382.
- A. Klinkova, E. M. Larin, E. Prince, E. H. Sargent, E. Kumacheva, Large-Scale Synthesis of Metal Nanocrystals in Aqueous Growth Suspensions, Chem. Mater., 2016, 28, 3196.
- A. Klinkova, H.Thérien-Aubin, A. Ahmed, D. Nykypanchuk, R. M. Choueiri, B. Gagnon, A. Muntyanu, O. Gang, G. C. Walker, E. Kumacheva, Structural and Optical Properties of Self-Assembled Chains of Plasmonic Nanocubes, Nano Lett., 2014, 14, 6314.
Please see Anna Klinkova's Google Scholar profile for a current list of his peer-reviewed articles.
Awards and Distinctions
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2017 - 2019 (declined)
- Connaught Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Toronto, 2015 - 2017
- Canada Research Chair Graduate Prize in Nanochemistry, University of Toronto, 2014 - 2015
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship, Government of Canada, 2011 - 2015
2015 Ph.D., Chemistry, University of Toronto, ON
2011 M.Sc., Photochemical Sciences, Bowling Green State University, OH, USA
2009 B.Sc., Chemistry, Saint Petersburg State University, Russia