Location: C2 390
Phone: 519-888-4567 x32470
Eric’s research program centers on the design, synthesis, and study of novel hypercoordinated and cationic main group organometallic compounds. These organometallic compounds serve as reagents in Lewis acid-catalyzed transformations and as catalysts in the development of new synthetic methods. A better understanding of hypercoordinated and cationic main group organometallic compounds will lead to the discovery of novel reactivity that could be applied to organic catalysis and provide new tools to organic chemists.
- Organometallic chemistry
- Synthetic chemistry
- Methodology development
- Mechanistic studies
- Synthetic Chemistry and Catalysis
- 1997 Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, University of Toronto, Canada
- 1993 M.Sc., Organic Chemistry, Université de Montréal, Canada
- 1990 B.Sc., Biochemistry, Université de Sherbrooke, Canada
- 2011 CSC Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research Award
- 2006 Early Researcher Award, Government of Ontario, Ministry of Research and Innovation
- 2005 AstraZeneca Award in Chemistry, AstraZeneca Canada
- 2004 CNC/IUPAC Travel Award, ICOS-15, Nagoya, Japan
- 2003 Boehringer Ingelheim Young Investigator Award for Organic Chemistry
- 2001 Ichikizaki Fund for Young Chemists (CSC Travel Award), OMCOS-11, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2000 Research Corporation Research Innovation Award
- 2021-present, Faculty of Science Representative to the University Advisory Committee on Graduate Scholarships and Awards
- 2021-present Chemistry Representative to the Faculty Graduate Scholarship Committee
- 2017-2020 Faculty of Science Research Fellow
- 2012-2016 NSERC, Member of the NSERC Chemistry Evaluation Group (EG 1504 - Chemistry)
- CHEM 265 - Organic Chemistry 2
- Taught in 2022, 2023
- CHEM 360 - Organic Chemistry 3
- Taught in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- CHEM 400 - Special Topics in Chemistry
- Taught in 2020, 2021, 2023
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- B(C6F5)3-Catalyzed Transfer 1,4-Hydrostannylation of a,b-Unsaturated Carbonyls by the Use of iPr-Tricarbastannatrane; Eric Fillion, Azadeh Kavoosi, Kevin Nguyen, Christian Ieritano Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 12813-12816.
- Changes in Tricarbastannatrane Transannular N–Sn Bonding Upon Complexation Reveal Lewis Base Donicities; Petar Simidzija, Michael J. Lecours, Rick A. Marta, Vincent Steinmetz, Terry B. McMahon, Eric Fillion, W. Scott Hopkins Inorg. Chem. 2016, 55, 9579-9585.
- Facile Hydrogenolysis of Csp3-Csp3 s bonds; Eric Fillion, Eric Beaton, Yen Nguyen, Ashraf Wilsily, Ganna Bondarenko, Jérôme Jacq Adv. Synth. Catal. 2016, 358, 3422-3434.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Tricarbastannatranes and Their Reactivity in B(C6F5)3-Promoted Conjugate Additions; Azadeh Kavoosi, Eric Fillion Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 5488-5492.
- Carbon-Based Leaving Group in Substitution Reactions: Functionalization of sp3-Hybridized Quaternary and Tertiary Benzylic Carbon Centers; Stuart J. Mahoney, Tiantong Lou, Ganna Bondarenko, Eric Fillion Org. Lett. 2012, 14, 3474-3477.
- N-Fused Indolines through Non-Carbonyl-Stabilized Rhodium Carbenoid C—H Insertion of N-Aziridinyl Imines; Stuart J. Mahoney, Eric Fillion Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 68-71.
- Meldrum’s Acids and Alkylidene Meldrum’s Acids in Carbon-Carbon Bond Forming Processes; Aaron M. Dumas, Eric Fillion Acc. Chem. Res. 2010, 43, 440-454.