Department of Communication Arts
Modern Languages building, room 233
Tel 519 888-4567, ext. 35808
Join us for a discussion on Truth and Reconciliation in Canadian Post-Secondary Education.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 1, 7PM to 9PM
WHERE: Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church, 50 Erb Street West, Waterloo
How are universities responding to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action? Indigenous and non-Indigenous members from our two local universities will talk about the challenges and opportunities for indigenization on our campuses. Q and A will follow.
- Jean Becker, Senior Advisor, Indigenous Initiatives, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Erin Hodson, Indigenous Curriculum Specialist, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Lori Campbell, Director, Waterloo Aboriginal Education Centre, St Paul's University College, University of Waterloo
- Sorouja Moll , Lecturer and scholar, Speech Communication, University of Waterloo, lead collaborator on Integrating Knowledges Summit
- Andy Houston, Professor, Theatre & Performance, University of Waterloo, lead collaborator on the Mush Hole Project
This event is part of the Canada 150 Lecture Series, which explores our past, present, and future, brought to you by the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University, in partnership with Waterloo Public Library and the City of Waterloo.
50 Erb Street West