WICI workshop: Leveraging systems approaches to improve human & planetary health
Registration is now open for our April 25-26 workshop, LEVERAGING SYSTEMS APPROACHES TO IMPROVE HUMAN & PLANETARY HEALTH, funded by the Waterloo Institute for Complexity and Innovation (WICI). In keeping with WICI’s goals, the aim of the workshop is to draw expertise from across campus together to build capacity to find solutions to our biggest challenges related to human and planetary health.
The workshop, which will be held at the University of Waterloo, is open to faculty and trainees, as well as members of the external WICI community. There is no registration fee.
On April 25th, the program will feature keynote presentations, case studies, and networking and consultation (see program at https://tinyurl.com/y98a5vwo). Featured speakers include:
• Dr. Madhur Anand, Director, Waterloo Institute for Complexity and Innovation
• Dr. Bruce Y. Lee, Global Obesity Prevention Center, Johns Hopkins
• Dr. Vanessa Schweizer, Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo
• Dr. William Sutherland, Institute of Complexity Medicine
• Dr. Brad Bass, Foundation for Student Science
• We were excited to receive several fantastic abstracts and look forward to interesting and informative oral and poster presentations as well.
On April 26th, we will feature hands-on workshops to enhance understanding and application of qualitative and quantitative systems methods, and to facilitate building of transdisciplinary teams. See details at https://tinyurl.com/y98a5vwo.
Please register by April 18, 2018 to secure your spot! Looking forward to talking systems thinking and methods with you then!
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1