Phone: 519-888-4567 x37467
Location: QNC 4603
- BSc, University of Science and Technology of China, China
- MSc, University of Science and Technology of China, China
- PhD, University of Toronto
- Terahertz Quantum Cascade Lasers
- Scanning Probe Microscopy
- Nanofabrication and Nanotechnology
- Dayan Ban, Zhenghong Lu, Jun Chen, “Organic/Inorganic Hybrid Optical Amplifier with Wavelength Conversion,” PCT patent, filed on Aug. 16th, 2011.
- Dayan Ban, Zhenghong Lu, H. C. Liu, “Inorganic/organic hybrid optical converter with an embedded mirror,” U.S. provisional patent, filed on Nov. 18th, 2009.
- D. Ban, H. Luo, H. C. Liu, “Wavelength conversion device with avalanche multiplier” Canadian patent CA2447828, filed on Oct 15, 2003, Examination requested on Nov. 22, 2006.
- Edward H. Sargent, Dayan Ban, Multiple Quantum Well Optoelectronic Devices, U.S. patent 6,573,530, issued June 03, 2003.
- H. C. Liu, D. Ban, H. Luo, Wavelength conversion device with avalanche multiplier U.S. patent 7,079,307, issued on July 18, 2006.
- S. Fathololoumi, E. Dupont, Z. R. Wasilewski, C. W. I. Chan, S. G. Razavipour, S. R. Laframboise, Shengxi Huang, Q. Hu, D. Ban, and H. C. Liu, "Effect of Oscillator Strength and Intermediate Resonance on the Performance of Resonant Phonon-based Terahertz Quantum Cascade Lasers," Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 113, pp.113109-1-17 (2013).
- S. G. Razavipour, E. Dupont, S. Fathololoumi, C. W. I. Chan, M. Lindskog, Z. R. Wasilewski, G. Aers, S. R. Laframboise, A. Wacker, Q. Hu, D. Ban, and H. C. Liu, "An indirectly pumped Terahertz Quantum Cascade Laser with low injection coupling strength operating above 150 K," Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 113, pp. 203107-1-14 (2013).
- Jun Chen, Jianchen Tao, Dayan Ban, M. G. Helander, Z. Wang, J. Qiu, Z. H. Lu, "Organic/Inorganic Hybrid Pixelless Imaging Device," Advanced Materials, vol. 24, pp. 3138-3142 (2012).
- Saeed Fathololoumi, Emmanuel Dupont, C. W. I. Chan, Z. R. Wasilewski, S. R. Laframboise, Dayan Ban, A. Matyas, C. Jirauschek, Q. Hu, H. C. Liu, "Terahertz quantum cascade lasers operating up to ~200K with optimized oscillator strength and improved injection tunneling," Optics Express, vol. 20, pp. 3866-3876 (2012). Highlighted by Nature Photonics on Mar. 30th, 2012.
- D. Burghoff, T.-Y. Kao, Dayan Ban, A. W. M. Lee, J. Reno, and Q. Hu, "A terahertz pulse emitter monolithically-integrated with a quantum cascade laser," Applied Physics Letter, vol. 98, p. 061112-1-3, (2011).
- Jun Chen, Dayan Ban, Michael G. Helander, Zhenghong Lu and P. Poole, "Near-infrared inorganic/organic optical upconverter with an external efficiency of > 100%", Advanced Materials, vol. 22, pp. 4900-4904, (2010).
- Saeed Fathololoumi, E. Dupont, G. Razavipour, S. R. Laframboise, Z. R. Wasilewski, A. Bezinger, G. Z. Rafi, S. Safavi-Naeini, Dayan Ban, H. C. Liu, "Electrically controlling transverse modes in high power THz quantum cascade lasers," Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 10036-10048, (2010).
- Saeed Fathololoumi, Emmanuel Dupont, Dayan Ban, Marcel Graf, Sylvain, R. Laframboise, Z. R. Wasilewski, H. C. Liu, "Time resolved thermal quenching of THz quantum cascade lasers," IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 46, pp. 396-404, (2010).
Please see Professor Ban's own web page for more information.
University of Waterloo