Professor, Ontario Research Chair
Phone: 519-888-4567 x35319
Location: ERC 1001
- BE, Madurai
- MEng, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok
- PhD, University of Paris, Paris
- Silicon-based crystalline and thin-film photovoltaic devices: design and fabrication technology
- Advanced processing technologies for microelectronic devices and process modeling
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology, silicon micromachining
- Nanocrystalline semiconductors and nanostructures
- Low-permittivity dielectric films and device integration
- Low-thermal budget, rapid thermal, and optothermal processing in silicon technology
- L. Tian, E. Fathi, R.S. Tarighat and S. Sivoththaman, "Nanocrystalline Silicon Deposition at High rate and Low temperature from Pure Silane in a Modified ICP-CVD System", Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol.28, pp.105004 (1-5), 2013.
- M. Moradi and S. Sivoththaman, "Strain Transfer Analysis of Surface-Bonded MEMS Strain Sensors", IEEE Sensors Journal, vol.13, No.2, pp. 637-643, 2013.
- M. Gharghi, E. Fathi, B. Kante, S. Sivoththaman, and X. Zhang, "Heterojunction Silicon Microwire Solar Cells", Nano Letters, vol.12, pp. 6278−6282, 2012.
- M. Gharghi and S. Sivoththaman, "Spherical Photovoltaic Device with Tailored Emitter Structure", IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol.32, pp.48-50, 2011.
- B. Esfandiarpour and S. Sivoththaman, "A Silicon Texturing Technique Based on Etching Through a Liquid-Phase Deposited Oxide Mask", Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol.13, pp.D97-D99, 2010.
Please see Professor Sivoththaman's own web page for more information.
University of Waterloo