Anwar Hasan is an Associate Dean for Research and External Partnerships and an Electrical and Computer Engineering Professor at the University of Waterloo. He is also a faculty member at the Centre for Applied Cryptographic Research.
Professor Hasan’s research interests include cryptographic computations and embedded systems, dependable and secure computing, and security for cloud and Internet of Things.
He has made contributions to multiple books, journal and conference articles and has also received several awards for his many achievements in research.
- Cryptographic Hardware
- Embedded Systems
- Dependable And Secure Computing
- Computer Arithmetic
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Security
- Network Security
- Computer & Software Engineering
- Cloud Technology
- Internet Of Things
- 1992, Doctorate, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, University of Victoria
- 1988, Master's, Computer Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka
- 1986, Bachelor's, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka
- ECE 124 - Digital Circuits and Systems
- ECE 720 - Special Topics in Computers and Digital Systems Software
- M. Cenk and M.A. Hasan, On the Arithmetic Complexity of Strassen-Like Matrix Multiplications, Journal of Symbolic Computation, 80(2), 2017, 848 - 501
- J.-C. Bajard, J. Eynard, A. Hasan and V. Zucca, A Full RNS Variant of FV like Somewhat Homomorphic Encryption Schemes, Selected Areas in Cryptology, St. John’s, NL, 2016
- N. Meloni and M. A. Hasan, Efficient Double Bases for Scalar Multiplication, IEEE Trans. Computers, 64(8), 2015, 2204 - 2212
- A. Barsoum and M. A. Hasan, Provable Multi-Copy Dynamic Data Possession in Cloud Computing Systems, IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security, March, 2015, 485 - 497
- P. Tysowski and M. A. Hasan, Hybrid Attribute- and Re-Encryption-Based Key Management for Secure and Scalable Mobile Applications in Clouds, IEEE Trans. Cloud Computing, 2013, 172 - 186
- M. A. Hasan and C. Negre, Multi-way Splitting Method for Toeplitz Matrix Vector Product, IEEE Trans. Computers, July, 2013, 1467 - 1471