Ajit Singh is an Associate Professor in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
Professor Singh specializes in network-centric computing, parallel processing and distributed systems. His research interests include parallel computing using workstation clusters, simulations of networks of superscalar processors, debugging of parallel and distributed systems, performance debugging and visualization of parallel applications, and programming environments for developing large fault-tolerant distributed systems.
Professor Singh is the co-founder of the technology company Slipstream™, which is currently =a subsidiary of Research in Motion (RIM). The goal of Slipstream™ is to deliver fast and reliable acceleration, compression and network optimization technology for dial, fixed wireless and broadband networks.
Professor Singh also provides consulting services to companies such as IBM Canada, ISOPIA (acquired by Sun Microsystems), Bell Canada, Nortel and Research in Motion.
- Parallel and distributed programming models
- Multiprocessor architectures
- Debugging in parallel and distributed systems
- Parallelism in I/O and databases
- Computer & Software Engineering
- Database Systems
- Network-Centric Computing
- Software Architecture and Design
- 1992, Doctorate, PhD, University of Alberta
- 1986, Master's, MASc, University of Alberta
- 1983, Master's, M.Phil, J. Nehru University
- 1978, Bachelor's, BSc, Bihar Institute Of Technology
- Akon, Mursalin and Islam, Mohammad Towhidul and Shen, Xuemin Sherman and Singh, Ajit, OUR: Optimal Update-based Replacement policy for cache in wireless data access networks with optimal effective hits and bandwidth requirements, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 13(15), 2013, 1337 - 1352
- Palit, Rajesh and Naik, Kshirasagar and Singh, Ajit, Anatomy of WiFi access traffic of smartphones and implications for energy saving techniques, International Journal of Energy, Information and Communications, 3(1), 2012, 1 - 16
- Akon, Mursalin and Islam, Mohammad Towhidul and Shen, Xuemin Sherman and Singh, Ajit, A bandwidth and effective hit optimal cache scheme for wireless data access networks with client injected updates, Computer Networks, 56(7), 2012, 2080 - 2095
- Palit, Rajesh and Singh, Ajit and Naik, Kshirasagar, Energy cost of software applications on portable wireless devices, Green Mobile Devices and Networks: Energy Optimization and Scavenging Techniques, 2012
- Palit, Rajesh and Singh, Ajit and Naik, Kshirasagar, An architecture for enhancing capability and energy efficiency of wireless handheld devices, International Journal of Energy, Information and Communications, 2(4), 2011, 117 - 136