Catherine Rosenberg is a Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo where she holds the Canada Research Chair in the Future Internet (since 2010) and the Cisco Research Chair in 5G Systems (since 2018). She started her career in ALCATEL, France and then at AT&T Bell Labs., USA. From 1988-1996, she was a faculty member at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal, Canada. In 1996, she joined Nortel Networks in the UK where she created and headed the R&D Department in Broadband Satellite Networking. In August 1999, Dr. Rosenberg became a Professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University where she co-founded in May 2002 the Center for Wireless Systems and Applications (CWSA). She joined University of Waterloo on Sept 1st, 2004 as the Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering for a three-year term.
Catherine Rosenberg was on the Scientific Advisory Board of the Orange Group (France-Telecom) from 2007 to mid 2015. She became its president from January 2013 to mid 2015. She is currently the president of the Scientific Advisory Board of the French IRT (Research and Technology Institute) BCOM on multimedia and networking (since 2014). She is also on the Editorial Board of the Proceedings of the IEEE.
She is an IEEE Fellow and was elected a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering in 2013.
She has authored over 200 papers on wireless networking, traffic engineering and energy systems, and has been granted eight US patents.
- Wireless Networks (5G
- Energy Systems
- 1986, Doctorate, Computer Science, Universite de Paris XI (Orsay)
- 1984, Master of Science, Computer Science, University of California at Los Angeles
- 1983, Diploma d'Ingenieur, Telecommunications, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications de Bretagne
- ECE 416 - Advanced Topics in Networking
- Taught in 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020
- ECE 610 - Broadband Communication Networks
- Taught in 2016, 2018
- Kazhamiaka, Fiodar and Rosenberg, Catherine and Keshav, Srinivasan, Practical Strategies for Storage Operation in Energy Systems: Design and Evaluation, , 2016
- Ghiassi-Farrokhfal, Yashar and Rosenberg, Catherine and Keshav, Srinivasan and Adjaho, Marie-Benedicte, Joint Optimal Design and Operation of Hybrid Energy Storage Systems, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 34(3), 2016, 639 - 650
- Kumar, Abhinav and Rosenberg, Catherine, Energy and throughput trade-offs in cellular networks using base station switching, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 15(2), 2016, 364 - 376
- Ghiassi-Farrokhfal, Yashar and Kazhamiaka, Fiodar and Rosenberg, Catherine and Keshav, Srinivasan, Optimal design of solar pv farms with storage, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 6(4), 2015, 1586 - 1593
- Ouni, Anis and Rivano, Hervé and Valois, Fabrice and Rosenberg, Catherine, Energy and throughput optimization of wireless mesh networks with continuous power control, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 14(2), 2015, 1131 - 1142
In the News
- Currently accepting applications for graduate students