Kshirasagar Naik is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo. He has also been a member of IEEE since 1994.
His research interests include computer network protocols, wireless and mobile communication systems, sensor networks, peer-to-peer networks, cognitive radio systems and energy saving in hand-held devices and data centers. Delay tolerant networks, body-area networks, mHealth (mobile health) and eHealth applications, vehicular networks, and intelligent transportation systems are also areas of research that interest Professor Naik.
- Mobile and ad hoc networks
- Low power software
- Optical networks
- Communication & Information Systems
- Mobile Communication and Computing
- Sensor Networks/AMR
- Energy-cost Modeling of Wireless Applications
- Green Applications of Information Technology
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Distributed and Network Computing
- Multimedia Synchronization
- Testing Communication Protocols
- Connectivity and Internet of Things
- Infrastructure and integrity
- Application Domains
- Networking and Data
- Dependability and security
- 1992, Doctorate, Computer Engineering, Concordia University
- 1988, Master of Mathematics, Computer Science, University of Waterloo
- 1983, MTech, Computer Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- 1981, BScEng, Electronics and Telecommunication, Sambalpur University
- ECE 358 - Computer Networks
- Taught in 2019
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Verma, Pawan Kumar and Verma, Rajesh and Prakash, Arun and Agrawal, Ashish and Naik, Kshirasagar and Tripathi, Rajeev and Alsabaan, Maazen and Khalifa, Tarek and Abdelkader, Tamer and Abogharaf, Abdulhakim, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications: A survey, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 66, 2016, 83 - 105
- Abdelkader, Tamer and Naik, Kshirasagar and Nayak, Amiya and Goel, Nishith and Srivastava, Vineet, A performance comparison of delay-tolerant network routing protocols, IEEE Network, 30(2), 2016, 46 - 53
- Abogharaf, Abdulhakim and Mahinthan, Veluppillai and Naik, Kshirasagar, An energy-efficient and client-centric data streaming technique on smartphones, International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, 19(3-4), 2015, 183 - 192
- Altamimi, Majid and Abdrabou, Atef and Naik, Kshirasagar and Nayak, Amiya, Energy cost models of smartphones for task offloading to the cloud, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, 3(3), 2015, 384 - 398
- Singh, Jasmeet and Naik, Kshirasagar and Mahinthan, Veluppillai, Impact of developer choices on energy consumption of software on servers, Procedia Computer Science, 62, 2015, 385 - 394
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.