Your WatCard is the most important piece of identification you'll have as a student at Waterloo. You'll use it to
- purchase food
- make photocopies
- sign out library books
- access gym facilities
- qualify for student discounts
- identify yourself during exams
- gain entrance to on-campus bars
- pay for food and services off campus
- and more
You'll also need to know your 8-digit Waterloo ID number – which is encoded on your WatCard and is sometimes called your WatCard or student ID number – throughout your time at Waterloo. Chances are you'll soon have it memorized!
To pick up your WatCard,
- visit the WatCard Office* in person
- bring a Waterloo document (e.g., your Offer of Admission) which lists your Waterloo ID number
- bring a valid piece of government-issued photo ID
*The WatCard Office is located on the lower level of the Student Life Centre (SLC). See a campus map.
You have 2 options for your WatCard photo: have your photo taken when you pick up your card or send your own photo in advance.