The woodshop is open 9:30-3:30 (and closed for 1 hour at lunch) on weekdays during the Fall and Winter terms.
- The shop and its hand tools and equipment are only available to students taking a fine arts course offered by this department.
- Prior to a student's use of the shop, a safety course provided by the technician must be obtained. After taking the course, a release form must be signed by the student.
- Familiarize yourself with the workshop safety procedures.
- The technician or student shop monitors have full authority while they are on duty.
- The shop and its tools are not available to students other than during regular hours or during class times.
- Failure to comply with woodshop rules and regulations may result in restricted use of the shop and its hand tools.
Hand tools and other equipment can be borrowed from the tool crib in ECH 1226. A current and valid University of Waterloo Student, Staff or Faculty ID is required in order to borrow tools. Read the rules for borrowing tools or equipment.