The Department of Philosophy at the University of Waterloo is privileged to establish the Ardeth Wood Memorial Graduate Bursary. It will be presented yearly to a graduate student (preference will be given to female graduate students) in the Department of Philosophy based on merit, involvement in the graduate community, and proven financial need.
Applicants are to apply by using the Graduate Student Award Application form found on the Graduate Studies form site and completed applications are to be submitted to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs. The final selection will be made by the Philosophy Department.
The value and/or number of Awards may change from year to year.
- Must be a graduate student in the department of Philosophy in the Faculty of Arts (preference given to female graduate students).
- Must be a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident, as well as an Ontario resident (must have resided in Ontario for 12 months prior to beginning their post - secondary education).
- Must apply to OSAP for the term in which the award is due and provide a printout (screenshot) of their OSAP Funding Summary. Note: If a student has been restricted from applying to OSAP then they must instead provide proof that they are restricted.
- Must have demonstrated financial need. From their budget, within the Graduate Student Award application, their “Current term expenses” must exceed their “Current term income”. All amounts entered will be reviewed and only standard expenses will be allowed.
- Must demonstrate academic merit and involvement in the graduate community. This can be demonstrated in the personal letter portion of the application.
- Graduate Award Application
- Complete the Graduate Student Award application
- Attach required documentation (as per the application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below