A scholarship valued at $10,000, will be awarded annually to an international graduate student registered full time in any year of the master's or doctoral program of the Data Systems Group in the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science in the Faculty of Mathematics. The Director of Graduate Studies in the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science will select a recipient annually in the Spring term based on academic achievement combined with a demonstrated need to overcome a barrier as outlined in the application package. Interested students should submit an application by June 15 to the School of Computer Science Graduate Office. This fund is made possible by a donation from Lucinda Blakeley in honour of her late husband, Jose Blakeley.
- Full-time international graduate students registered in the master's or doctoral program in the Data Systems Group of the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science in the Faculty of Mathematics
- Selection to be based on academic achievement (minimum 80% or equivalent cumulative average over the last two full-time academic years)
- Preference will be given to a student who has a demonstrated need to overcome a barrier as outlined in the application package
- Application is required and is due by June 15th of every year
- Scholarship will be paid across two academic terms provided the student continues to be registered full-time in their program
- The Director of Graduate Studies in the Cheriton R. School of Computer Science will select recipients normally each Spring term