Bursaries will be awarded annually to full-time or part-time graduate students in the Faculty of Environment who are in good academic standing and who have a demonstrated financial need as determined by the University of Waterloo. The value of each award will vary depending on financial need and available funds. To be considered, students must complete the Graduate Student Award application on the Graduate Studies Forms site. This fund is made possible by a generous gift from TD Bank Group.
$1,500-$5,000 - The value and/or number of Awards may change from year to year.
- Must be a full-time or part-time graduate student registered in good academic standing in a graduate studies program in the Faculty of Environment.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident, as well as an Ontario resident (must have resided in Ontario for 12 months prior to beginning their post - secondary education).
- Must apply to OSAP for the term in which the award is due and provide a printout (screenshot) of their OSAP Funding Summary. Note: If a student has been restricted from applying to OSAP then they must instead provide proof that they are restricted.
- Must have demonstrated financial need. From their budget, within the Graduate Student Award application, their “Current term expenses” must exceed their “Current term income”. All amounts entered will be reviewed and only standard expenses will be allowed.
- Graduate Award Application
- Complete the Graduate Student Award application
- Attach required documentation (as per the application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below