The University of Waterloo is pleased to receive applications from excellent Mexican students who will be applying for the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT), Mexico scholarship program.
Eligible Waterloo graduate programs:
Master's level funding:
- The CONACyT Scholarship program provides successful applicants to a master's research program full funding for two years (six academic terms). Domestic tuition fees will be assessed.
- The CONACyT Scholarship program will not fund master's coursework or professional programs.
- Eligible master's programs include:
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Applied Science (MASc)
- Master of Environmental Studies (MES)
- Master of Mathematics (MMath) (Thesis and Master's Research Paper only)
- Master of Science (MSc) (Thesis and Master's Research Paper only)
Doctoral (PhD) level funding:
- The CONACyT Scholarship program provides successful applicants to a doctoral program full funding for four years (12 academic terms). Domestic tuition fees will be assessed.
Additional applicant information:
- Minimum admission requirements include an 8/10 standing overall. Certification of English language proficiency (ELP) through one of the accepted examinations is required.
- Prospective graduate students apply online and indicate under Other Information / International Agreements that they are applying under the "Mexico: CONACYT" Agreement.
Contact Consejo Nacional De Ciencia Y Tecnologia for scholarship information and assistance.
Applying to Waterloo
- Within the Other Information section of the graduate online application, under International Agreements, choose your sponsorship agreement from the drop-down menu.
- If your scholarship agreement is not among those listed, choose “Other scholarship” from the drop down-menu.
- Some agreements provide a preliminary sponsorship or scholarship letter, if applicable, email a pdf copy to an admissions specialist. Remember to include your full name and your 8 digit (numerical only) Waterloo student ID number.
- If you are applying with a sponsorship that includes funding for English language studies, conditional admission may be offered. Learn more about sponsorships with English Language Training.
- The sponsorship documentation must detail the approved program, financial support amount and the number of years the funding has been granted (a minimum of two years for a master’s research program and a minimum of four years for a PhD program).
- Please refer to Arranging your fees with a third-party sponsorship on the Finance website for the information required in the official sponsorship documentation. If there is any change in your funding situation, the University of Waterloo may re-evaluate your Offer of Admission, and reserves the right to withdraw your Offer of Admission or withdraw you from your graduate program.
For further information contact the Manager, Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.