What is a project customer?
The project/program customer, or client, is the business unit(s) that identified the need for the product(s) or service(s) the project/program will deliver.
What are the customer’s responsibilities?
Provide representatives who will:
- Have the authority to make decisions on behalf of the areas of their business unit(s) that will be using or be affected by the product(s) or service(s) the project/program will deliver
- Achieve business unit consensus on project/program issues and outputs, and communicate it to the project/program manager and project/program team
- Attend requested project/program meetings
- Review and approve process deliverables
- Provide appropriate subject matter expertise resources to the project/program team
- Business analyst
- Strategic architect
- Functional manager
- IT governance
- Manager PMO
- Program business change manager
- Program manager
- Project manager
- Project owner
- Project team
- Subject matter expert