The Computer lab and the Learning lab in the Dana Porter Library are bookable for University-related events or activities. These two rooms are ideal for single use or occasional educational activities. During regular business hours course-related library instruction and library workshops take precedence. Evening and weekends bookings are generally available. When not booked these spaces are open as student study spaces. Library spaces are not available for regularly recurring classroom or event bookings.
- Bookings by faculty, staff and WUSA or GSA-UW student clubs are welcome and we will do our best to accommodate preferred dates and times
- Full day or multiple day bookings may be possible, but are not guaranteed
- Priority is given for course-related library instruction for the first eight weeks of each term
- Food and drink may be consumed in the Learning lab and the Computer lab
- Questions about booking event space in the Library? Contact Graham Yeates in Library Office
NOTE: To book Registrar controlled rooms, contact Scheduling for all course related events and Jamie Doerbecker (bookings coordinator) for all other event inquiries. Spaces on campus that may be booked by external users.
NOTE: These rooms are not bookable as group study spaces. To book a group study space please go to our book a study room calendar.
Learning lab — room 323
The Learning lab has a capacity of 32 people and has easily moveable tables and chairs for discussion or group work (30 chairs), six glass dry erase boards, two 80-inch interactive touchscreen TVs, four pull-down plug-in cords, wireless mouse and keyboard with a portable podium, and internet access.
Computer lab — room 329
The computer lab has a capacity of 25 people, with 22 tables with flip up computers and three extra tables to accommodate laptop users arranged in lecture style seating. There is a podium and projector with internet access. The room setup of the flip top tables is rows.
- Instructions for use of technology are provided in the room
- The Library IT help desk is happy to help using a "best effort" policy. If you need assistance please go to the Circulation desk on the main floor and they will call Library IT for assistance
- If Library IT is not available please call the ITMS help desk at ext. 33233. They are open 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday