Applications for the fall 2023 term are now open.
Library ambassadors support the Library’s student engagement activities through the development and execution of in-person and virtual programming, social media content creation and peer connection.
Are you ...
- Enthusiastic about the Library and want to learn more
- Skilled in creating social media content like reels, videos and memes
- Outgoing and enjoy being in front of the camera or talking with new people
- Creative and love collaborating with other students
- Keen to explore library spaces and share with others
- Interested in making an impact on the campus community
If so, we would love to have you join the team!
You can expect ...
- To increase your understanding of the Library and how it supports students (including you!)
- To gain experience in social media marketing, communications, and events
- To develop key soft skills for working in a professional setting
- To work with other library ambassadors, students and the Library’s Communications Team
Social media support
- Assist in the development and creation of social media content, including ideation, content development and some video/on camera work
Outreach and engagement
- Assist in the development, promotion and execution of programming to increase student engagement with the Library
- Represent the Library in a courteous and professional manner
- Host and facilitate library booths to promote our services and resources
Conduct library tours
- Lead library tours for various peer groups in both Dana Porter and Davis Centre Libraries
Communications team support
- Support the Library's Communications Team goals and activities as needed, providing student insight and ideas
- Help support library partnerships and inter-campus collaboration
- Assist and model for promotional photoshoots
- Participate in regular team meetings
- An interest in the Library, student engagement and marketing, with the ability to think in creative and unconventional ways to promote the value of the Library to the student experience
- Proven knowledge and understanding of creating social media content. Previous experience creating social media content for an organization/brand is considered an asset
- People person who enjoys helping others, collaborating with teammates, and is comfortable communicating with different audiences in a variety of ways
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage work and academic responsibilities in a hybrid environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, you can communicate complex ideas with a high degree of accuracy
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of the Library and how it contributes to the student experience
- Graphic design and/or video skills
- Event planning experience, especially in a campus environment
- Experience in providing guided tours
Hours: There is flexibility in hours with some virtual and some in-person work with this role. In-person work takes place Monday to Friday, typically between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Training may happen on weekends to accommodate team schedules.
Submit PDF resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday, July 30, 2023.
Include portfolio of work, if available.