The Library's button design contest is back!
Library buttons have a been a favourite campus collectible for over a decade, since we launched our first series of buttons back in 2010 that showcased each of our locations. We ran our first user-designed button contest in 2012. It was so popular we ran it again in 2016 ... and now it's back and better than ever!
While we can't be sifting through a bowl of buttons in the Dana Porter Library lobby looking for a new favourite, we can still share the library love, wherever we are in the world! What do you love or miss about the Library? How has the Library helped you get through the past year? What button would you be proud to wear as a Warrior? What pop culture reference makes you long for your favourite library space? What does the Library meme to you?
Submit your button design entries by May 28!
Follow @UWLibrary on Instagram to vote for the winning design ... and look for these designs on buttons and stickers when we are able to return to campus!
Not sure how to get started? See our instructions for designing a 1.5 inch button using PowerPoint [PDF]
The fine print
- All submissions must be original work (digital art, illustrations, photography, etc.) or created with content covered by Fair Dealing or the Copyright Act — we recommend using Creative Commons for images
- All eligible submissions must be g-rated, and must not depict or identify any persons
- This contest is only open to students currently registered at University of Waterloo
- All eligible submissions will receive five buttons or stickers of their design(s)
- There is a maximum of one contest entry per person — each entry can include a maximum of five design submissions
- There is a minimum of one design submission to be eligible for the contest
- Prizes will be limited to one per person, regardless of the number of designs submitted
- The three designers with the most votes will receive a gift card of their choice: First place = $50, second place = $40, third place = $30
- The remaining top 10 entrants will each receive a $5 gift card for Tim Horton's