You may have heard of GIS, but what exactly is it, and more importantly, how can you use it in your own research and academic work?
This introductory workshop presents the basic concepts of GIS and will teach you the skills you need to find geospatial data, map it, and discover new dimensions of information.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand what GIS is and geospatial data are
- Navigate ArcGIS software and tools
- Find and add data to a map
- Discover information and attributes about the data
- Produce a simple map that shares your visualization of the data
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1