Ever wanted to try Open Source GIS but didn’t know where to start?
This workshop builds on “Getting Started with ArcGIS” (a recommended prerequisite for those with no previous GIS experience) but isn’t absolutely necessary.
This workshop introduces users to a different environment to create maps with GIS.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand what QGIS is and it’s capabilities
- Navigate QGIS software and tools
- Find and add data to a map
- Discover information and attributes about the data
- Produce a simple map that shares your visualization of the data