We want to hear from you. Please send us your feedback!
Ever wanted to try Open Source GIS but didn’t know where to start?
This workshop builds on “Getting Started with ArcGIS” (a recommended prerequisite for those with no previous GIS experience) but isn’t absolutely necessary. It will go through the in's and out's of QGIS and also cover other alternative Open Source GIS platforms.
This workshop introduces users to a different environment to create maps with GIS.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand what QGIS is and it’s capabilities
- Navigate QGIS software and tools
- Find and add data to a map
- Discover information and attributes about the data
- Produce a simple map that shares your visualization of the data
- Understand enough to choose the most appropriate Open Source GIS for your particular analysis.
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1