Write, write, goose! Put pen to paper and tell us a story! The Student Engagement Committee is pleased to announce another Writing Contest — Write, Write, Goose — as part of Goose Week.Write a piece of poetry or short story, choosing one of the three themes below and submit it before July 23, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- From an early age a goose remains dedicated towards a person or object. Write about dedication (what, to, etc.).
- Geese are highly social animals. Geese always fly in a ‘V’ shape and when a goose in the lead gets tired, another goose takes over the position. Inspired by the goose, write about teamwork, social circles, or commitment.
- Waterloo campus is home to many geese. Write about our feathered friends!
There is a prize for each category. The prize pack is valued at $50. Winners will be contacted by email and announced the first week of August.
- One submission per person, per category
- Submissions are limited to 2,000 words
- Submissions must be G-rated