Join your peers and Library staff in developing Library spaces, services and resources to meet the needs of University of Waterloo’s diverse student community.
The Library student advisory committee (LSAC) members:
- communicate student priorities, needs and concerns to the Library
- help the Library optimize the student experience and identify emerging student needs
- gain committee work experience
- will receive a letter of reference upon completion of a membership term and dinner will be provided at each meeting
Applications for the next academic year will be accepted starting in August.
The Library appoints student members to the LSAC in September of each year, with appointments ending in August. Interested student members may serve subsequent terms.
- attend one 90-minute meeting per term*
- convey student needs, concerns and priorities to the Library
- provide feedback on current and new library spaces, services and resources
- communicate library information to the student community informally and/or formally
- bring your enthusiasm for the Library and University of Waterloo!
- students representing a broad cross-section of academic and professional interests
- University Librarian
- Associate University Librarian, Learning, research and user services
- Library student engagement committee co-chairs
All students are encouraged to apply, regardless of academic or employment status. Prior library or committee experience is not required.