All borrowers are responsible for items checked out under their names until the items have been returned.
Borrowers who claim to have returned material still showing under their accounts should initiate a claim returned search at the circulation desk at the Dana Porter or Davis Centre libraries.
- Reserve and Interlibrary loan materials must be returned to the circulation desk from which they were borrowed.
- Recalled items, maps, micro materials, soft-covered periodicals, and/or any material which appear to be fragile should be returned to the circulation desk at any of the TriUniversity Group of Libraries (TUG).
- All other materials can be returned to:
- the circulation desk at any of the TriUniversity Group of Libraries
- any Ontario Council of University Libraries member except the University of Toronto
- any of the book return bins on campus. Items left in book return bins during week days are checked into our system and backdated to the previous day. Books that are returned on weekends are backdated to the last regular working day.
The University of Waterloo Library assumes no risk for items returned by mail. Items are not considered "returned" and continue to accumulate fines until they are actually received and processed by library staff. We recommend that packages are sent insured, via a service that provides tracking to:Dana Porter Library
Circulation Services department - book return
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L3G1