Located at the centre of campus, this location offers resources for the arts, humanities, social sciences and houses government publications. Find what you’re looking for with the library floor plans.
- Special Collections & Archives includes the Doris Lewis Reading Room and the University of Waterloo archives. Located on the first floor, it houses material that requires special care and handling because of early publication date, association interest, physical condition, aesthetic value or unusual format.
- Geospatial Centre houses print maps, aerial photographs and atlases on the third floor. The centre also provides geographic information system (GIS) data and computer workstations.
The Davis Centre Library houses resources for engineering, mathematics, and science. Find what you’re looking for with the library floor plans.
- Lusi Wong Library, located at Renison University College, specializes in resources for the Social Work, Social Development Studies, East Asian Studies, Religious Studies, Applied Language Studies, Studies in Islam, and English as a Second Language programs.
- Milton Good Library, located at Conrad Grebel University College, is a major depository of Mennonite publications, offers the largest collection in Canada of Anabaptist works, and houses the Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
- Library & Archives of St. Jerome’s University house resources for English, Italian and French Studies, History, Medieval Studies, Philosophy, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sexuality, Marriage and Family Studies, and the Sociology and Legal Studies programs.
- Centre for Career Action Library houses resources for career planning, education, work and study abroad programs, and is located in the William M. Tatham Centre.
- Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE) Library houses resources on teaching and learning in higher education, and is located on the third floor of the Environment 1 (EV1) Building.
The Glow Centre for Sexual and Gender Diversity maintains a collection of several hundred books, magazines and DVDs that may be borrowed by the public for a four-week period.
- Instructional Technologies and Media Services (ITMS) has a collection of media and equipment to support classroom teaching. Search this material using the Media Resources catalogue.
- The Waterloo Indigenous Student Centre (WISC) maintains a resource library, located on the second floor of St. Paul’s University College.
- The Women's Centre has a resource library with more than a thousand items, which can be signed out for a 2-week loan period.
By placing a request for an item, you can have many library materials delivered to any of our locations, including:
We also offer delivery services for students on work term and students taking online courses.