Direct entry programs
Students apply to and join these specialized programs directly in first year.
- Business and Computer Science (CS) Double Degree
- Take CS courses from the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo and Business (BUS) courses from the School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University while earning two prestigious degrees
- Business and Mathematics Double Degree
- Take Math courses from the Faculty of Math at Waterloo and BUS courses from the School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University while earning two prestigious degrees
- Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA)
- Pursue your Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation in the most technologically advanced accounting program in Canada
- Mathematics/Business Administration single degree
- Use your analytical know-how to solve problems in a rapidly changing technological business environment
- Mathematics/Financial Analysis and Risk Management (FARM)
- Turn a BMath degree in Financial Analysis or in Risk Management at Waterloo into your greatest asset
Second-year entry programs
These programs are more flexible and students can join them from any other business program in second year, once they have had a chance to explore their interests.
- Mathematical Economics
- Learn advanced mathematical methods and help solve real-world problems in the field of economics
- IT Management
- Become a leader of tomorrow by integrating cutting-edge technology solutions with contemporary business processes.
- Mathematical Optimization
- Focus on problems where scarce resources need to be allocated effectively, in complex, dynamic and uncertain conditions
Students interested in any of the above second-year entry programs are encouraged to apply to the Mathematical/Business Administration single degree program.
Our programs give you the skills you need
Now more than ever, business employers are searching for university graduates with the quantitative skills necessary to lead them through the information age. Combining mathematics with business or accounting at UWaterloo will give you the competitive edge you’ll need for success in today’s fast-paced high-tech professional workplace.
Our programs all combine the strength of the Faculty of Mathematics with an excellent business or accounting education to give you the edge you need. For more specific information on these programs, please follow the links on the left.
|double degree||Math Optimization, ITM and Math/Econ||Math/CPA||FARM||Math/Bus Admin|
|system of study||co-op only||co-op and regular||co-op only||co-op and regular||co-op and regular|
|length of program||5 years||4 2/3 years (co-op), 3 2/3 years (regular)||4 1/3 years + 2/3 year for MAcc||4 2/3 years (co-op, 3 2/3 years (regular)||4 2/3 years (co-op), 3 2/3 years (regular)|
|academic terms||10||8||8 + 2 for MAcc||8||8|
|degree(s) earned||BBA (Laurier) and BCS (Waterloo) or BBA (Laurier) and BMath (Waterloo||BMath||BMath (leads to optional MAcc)||BMath||BMath|
Come for a visit!
Book your campus tour, get directions to campus, and find out about special visiting days.
Financing your education
Take time to prepare a realistic budget for university; list your financial needs and all the resources available to finance your education.
Numerous scholarships and bursaries are available for eligible students, including national scholarships and Math Faculty Entrance Scholarship and University of Waterloo bursaries. Please apply for all the awards that you may be eligible to receive.