Information for high school applicants
Please consult our find out more website for general information, including information for international applicants, language requirements and course equivalents.
Due to the competitive nature of the programs, almost all of the offers to the business programs are made in early May. We make very few early offers to the programs. Please be patient!
- Admissions to these programs is not based on marks alone. A significant part of the admissions process includes a review of your Admission Information Form (which will be available from our website after we receive your application from Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC)). This form includes questions about your extracurricular activities and work experience, and will be a factor in our decision to offer you admission. It’s also a requirement if you want to be considered for entrance scholarships. Included with this form is a teacher reference section. Instructions on how to complete this form will be sent with the acknowledgement of your application.
- Strong performance in the Euclid Mathematics Contest can help earn you a place in the Faculty of Mathematics. Additionally, most of the Faculty of Mathematics scholarships are based in part on Euclid score. You are strongly encouraged to write the contest as even a weak score is better than no score at all. Please visit the (Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (CEMC) website for more information on the math contests.
Fall 2020 Admissions
Participation in the Euclid Mathematics Contest will NOT be a mandatory part of a scholarship or admission decisions for Fall 2020. No applicant will be penalised in any way for not participating in the Euclid this year.
Where to apply: University of Waterloo or Wilfrid Laurier University?
The University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University each admit approximately 60 outstanding students to the double degree (DD) program per year. We recommend that you apply at both universities to maximize your chance of admission. The academic program is identical, regardless of home university. You are awarded scholarships, live in residence, and participate in the co-op process at your home institution.
Information for current math students
It is possible to join the DD program from another Faculty of Mathematics program for the 2A (fall) term. Please note that we rarely permit students to join at any other time.
In order to be considered for admission into 2A DD, students must complete the following 10 courses by the end of August:
- Business (BUS) 111W and BUS 121W
- Economics (ECON) 101 and ECON 102
- Mathematics (MATH) 135 and MATH 136
- MATH 137 and MATH 138
- 2 Computer Science (CS) core courses (usually CS 115/135 and CS 116/136)
Students must have 80% math and non-math averages to be admitted.