MFCF operates four computer labs on the third floor of the Mathematics and Computing building (MC).
Room Platform Seats Description
MC3006 Thin Client 32 access to Windows (Nexus) and Linux
MC3008 Thin Client 32 access to Windows (Nexus) and Linux
MC3009 Thin Client 11 access to Windows (Nexus), wireless docking and collaboration space (Note: this lab will close permanently in summer 2019)
MC3010 Thin Client 15 access to Windows (Nexus) and Linux
MC3011 wireless docking and collaboration space
The computers in these labs provide the user with a choice of using either a Windows or a Linux environment. Each environment comes with various mathematical software.
Additionally, the Computer Science Computing Facility (CSCF) operates five computer labs on the third floor of MC in rooms 3003, 3004, 3005, 3022 and 3027.
The computers in these labs provide the user with a Macintosh environment.
- to access the computer labs maintained by MFCF the user requires only valid Nexus credentials
- to access the computer labs maintained by CSCF the user must either be a student registered in Computer Science or currently enrolled in a Computer Science course within the Faculty of Mathematics
Booking a lab
MFCF computer labs 3006 and 3008 can be booked for classes, conferences, and other events. To book a lab, have your organizer submit a request and include the following information:
- who wants to book the lab
- when you would like use of the lab
- purpose for booking the lab
Who can use this service:
- Current undergraduate students
- Current graduate students